Thursday, November 19, 2009

Setting new goals

I have been a stay at home for a little over a year now. Although, I have the opportunity to stay home I also babysit two little boys. My days are full of diaper changes, more juice, snack please, more mickey, nap times, runny noses, picking up toys, and trying to keep 4 boys, 2 and under, in good moods and playing well. Cleaning the house and doing laundry is not always a top priority and many times the laundry gets neglected. I wish I had a good excuse as to why it does not get put away but I don't. I go weeks with just washing and drying. I have laundry baskets of clean clothes in the basement that need to be put away. It's embarrassing really. It frustrates my husband when he can't find a work shirt because everything is in baskets; It frustrates me when I can't find a shirt or pants for the boys and i'm in a hurry yet I've done nothing to fix the problem.

Tonight I have decided that I am going to set new goals for myself.

I DVR many shows and watch them the following day and I have decided that before I watch any of my shows I will make sure the clean laundry is put away, the dirty laundry is washing, the kitchen is tidy, and the house is always presentable. Will the house always be perfect? No way. Will there be days that I struggle and just want to relax? Yes. Will there be days that I fail at this new goal? Yes.

Another goal that I am making is menu planning and meal making. I enjoy cooking but I despise making a menu. I have found many blogs recently that have new recipes that are easy and delicious. I have made a list of meals that look appetizing to my husband or myself and plan to prepare a meal every night of the week. My husband deserves a hot meal after working (or taken to him on nights he works) and my boys deserve a healthy dinner after a long day of play. As with any new goal there are going to be nights that take out is a must because of a busy schedule but nights that I am home I plan to prepare a hot and healthy meal.

These are my new goals and I hope to stick to them as best as I possibly can. I want my husband to help encourage me to succeed with these goals. Maybe once I get a routine down with these goals i'll make more goals. I'm all about bettering myself for the sake of myself and my family.

Good night all!

2 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

You've set some great goals for yourself. I need to get more organized like you are.

Amanda said...

My goal is to be more organized and I feel like it's working. It's slow going but anything new takes time. Thanks for stopping by.