Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween fun

Halloween Morning I got up and completed my rainbow cake for Adelle's Birthday, got the boys dressed in their Halloween shirts, and of course took them out front for a few quick photos. I was running late for my practicum so I only got a few, but this was my favorite of Levi hugging Luke. They love each other so much. I am so thankful for my two sweet boys. I was excited to spend the weekend in Branson with my little family at our great friends house. They have 3 kids that are 6, 4, and 3.



Our weekend in Branson started off with trick or treating in their neighborhood. This was Levi and Luke's first time ever trick or treating so I of course was following them taking pictures. I am so happy Ry didn't have to work and he could enjoy the night with us. They had so much fun. As soon as Levi realized that he got candy when he went to doors he was all about it. Luke is very shy and everytime we went to a door he would hold his bucket and sit down. It was so cute.




Luke was a very sleepy lion and did a great job walking. He occasionally would get tired and just sit down while walking to the next house. He spent some time on daddy's shoulders, threw a fit in a drive way, and face planted once. Luckily his costume protected him and he didn't even cry. It was a great night and I look forward to many more nights taking the boys house to house.



The kids that are already at the door are my friends kids. They are much faster than Levi so my little puppy was alwas the last one to get to the door. He loved the attention the older people at the homes gave him. He kinda said "trick or treat" but definitely said "thank you" at every house. He had so much and I am so happy we were able to take them to a safe neighborhood and have a great night as a family with close friends.




And finally back home after a long walk through the neighborhoods. Levi was trying to eat every piece of candy in his bucket. I quickly dumped the candy into a bag and only left a few pieces in his bucket. It was already past bedtime and I did not want them up on a sugar high all weekend. I may be a little biased by I am pretty sure they are the cutest little Lion and Puppy i've ever seen. After this picture was taken we had 5 kids on a sugar high. We quickly sent them to the basement to run, jump, play, and get all their energy out. Overall, we had a great weekend of trick or treating, cake making (pictures soon), lots of playing, and a birthday party. The boys are a little cranky and exhausted today but it was worth it. I look forward to many more holidays to spend with my family and friends.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Cute costumes! Sounds like fun. Just visiting from BlogFrog