Monday, February 1, 2010

Fossil hunting

This weekend while we were in Kansas City I took the boys exploring. We went to a restaurant that had a fossil hunting section, build a dinosaur (build a bear set up), dinosaur structures, and caves to go through. I thought this was an interactive dinosaur museum type place but I was wrong. It was actually just a restaurant with a really cool atmosphere. I let the boys play in the caves and go fossil hunting. They had a lot of fun.


Levi kept climbing on the rocks in the caves and I snapped this pictures unintentionally and it was great. I love his expression.

I tried to get a good picture of the boys together but they were so busy looking and exploring I didn't get a good one of both of them looking at the camera.

Levi was brushing the sand away looking for fossils. He had a great time.

Luke is my little explorer. He wasn't afraid to get in and dig. He did end up with a mouthful of sand when he dropped his paci and then put it back in his mouth. GROSS!
Before we left the hotel Ryan told Levi the dinosaurs were going to eat him. He was joking but Levi didn't understand that and was afraid at first. Once he realized the dinosaurs were nice he kept saying he was going to bite them. It was a lot of fun. All in all we had a great weekend and I look forward to many more adventures with the boys.

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

That was a RESTAURANT? Why don't we have any restaurants like that in our area???

I do love Levi's expression in that picture. It's kinda like he's saying, "Whoa!"

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom