Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Play Group Thursday

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. Tomorrow I will be meeting up with other springfield moms for a play group. I am excited about this new adventure because I really do not like meeting new people, but I really want Levi and Luke to make new friends and I would love to make new mommy friends. So I am going to jump into this adventure whole heartedly and make the best of it. This is a play group that I am starting and putting all my effort into. My goal for this group is grow and for us to become a great group of friends who can rely on each other for support, advice, and of course girls nights out.

Before I had kids I would see "mommy groups" at the park and I always laughed and said I would never be apart of a group like that. I would hear them talking about their kids newest illness, their fear of SIDS, starting new foods, breastfeeding, and who knows what else. I never understood why they needed to get together and discuss these issues.

Now as a SAHM with two little boys I see the need to get together with other moms and discuss frustrations or get advice from moms who have had experience in an issue that I am heading into. For example, it will soon be time to potty train Levi and I have NO CLUE where to start and I am hoping that another experienced mom can give me advice so I can make it a successful experience.

I will post sometime tomorrow about my thoughts and ideas from the play group tomorrow. Pictures will also be added!

No comments: